Filed under Etcetera

Ten Questions with a Transylvanian: Profesora Lisa Contreras

Advertisement - SNO Ad Network

What’s your guilty pleasure?

A Wendy’s Chocolate Frosty!  (the only fast food I ever do – honest!).

If you could create a new Transy mascot, what would it be?

Not wanting to fall into the old cliché, but I think a really wicked-looking vampire bat would be a good candidate.  Something that would strike fear in our rivals’ hearts a little more than does a Pioneer.  (But no offense intended –I’m a Pioneer fan all the way!)

What was the last song you listened to on your iPod/last CD you put in your car’s stereo system?

This is kind of embarrassing, but it was “Dixieland Delight” by Alabama.

What’s the first thing you’ll do when you retire? 

(Gosh, I’ll be so old when I can finally afford to retire that I’ll probably only be good for teaching español to my fellow residents at the Sunshine Home).  But seriously, I would love to be able to do volunteer work with the Hispanic community, especially with children and young people, where I could still use my Spanish background and teaching skills.

In high school, were you a jock, an artsy kid, a prep, a band geek, or part of some other clique? 

Depends on the year.  My freshman year I was a too-cool-for-school band geek with blond bangs and white lipstick. (really!) The next two years were spent trying to figure out who I was (my Mom made me get rid of the blond bangs and creepy lipstick) and then in my senior year I was a biology nerd, thinking I was destined for medical school.

What is the craziest dream you have ever had?

It’s unfortunately a recurring dream (and someone over in Psychology really should analyze it for me some time.)   In the dream my office in Haupt is also my house and I’m always answering the door to students while wearing flannel pajamas with little pink rabbits on them. . .They (the students, not the rabbits) come in and have café con leche and arepa dulce with me while we engage in profound (!?) discussions in Spanish about all sorts of topics (often involving food…).

What is your favorite Crayola color?  

It’s a three-way tie between Cerulean, Magenta and Razzle Dazzle Rose.

Answer this question: Why did the chicken cross the road? (“To get to the other side” is NOT an acceptable answer.) 

Apparently it was to give philosophers (pseudo and otherwise) through the ages an unanswerable existentialist question to ponder.

If you discovered a star, what would you name it?

Perelandra, after a beautiful mythical planet in the story by the same name written by one of my favorite authors, C.S. Lewis.

What piece of clothing/accessory defines your wardrobe? 

Black pants, black jackets, vests, etc. ,and silver jewelry; especially silver hoop earrings.    (Anyone who knows me could have answered this one ☺!)